Saturday 13 October 2012

Didnae fash yourself.

Greetings earthlings. I know its been a while since my last post, mostly because I've been rather slack on the crafty front over the last month, concentrating on the more mundane and boring stuff like trying to get a visa and a driving licence.
Knitting baby booties, cute as they are, doesn't really add to the sum total of craftiness
Visa now got (sadly, not the driving licence, at least not yet), I have re-rooted myself up to bonnie Scotland where the scenery is beautiful but its oh-so-quiet. Although I've mentally tried to prepare myself for this, arriving in the little village (picturesque as it is) with only 1 co-op, 1 post office and 1 cafe (but 2 pubs you'll be pleased to note) after the hustle and bustle of London town was a bit of a shocker to the system (try getting a supply of Chinese groceries here? I think not). I've also run out of my Fringe boxset after only two marathon days, so am a little bit concerned that cabin fever may hit, especially if I don't get a driving licence and a car soon!

Am a little bit apprehensive about the start of school on Monday - in the past month, it feels like I've been waiting in limbo, and during this time I've consciously tried to avoid thinking about the future and what it may hold, but there's no avoiding it now. Part of me feels extremely underprepared for this, and I've got an inkling that it will take a long long time for this feeling to go away, if ever. Will keep you posted on how things go in the next instalment, but until then - here's some pictures of the view.

Gifford village and its woody walks
North Berwick's beaches

No comments:

Post a Comment