Friday 22 March 2013

End of Term 2.

Its funny how quickly time flies by when you're not paying close attention. And even more so when you're desperately trying to complete something for a deadline. I've spent the last 10 days spraying, sanding and re-spraying my dresser, trying my damndest to get rid of those annoying dents and runs which insisted on marring the finish. Just in time its finally all sprayed up and just waiting for final assembly on Monday. I can safely say that despite all the time I've spent sanding, I appear to be pretty shit at it. I can spend 4 hours sanding and come away thinking I've managed to get the blasted thing all smooth and lo and behold, when its sprayed every little imperfection just shouts out at you (black is not a forgiving colour to work in!).

A home for precious things

My army of chisels
Despite these trials and tribulations, I can now breathe a huge sigh of release and enjoy the holidays in peace (prematurely assuming that Monday's fitting will go hassle free!). Indeed I appear to have surpassed my expectations by (a) re-fitting all my chisels with pretty new handles and (b) making another jewellery tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment