Thursday 14 February 2013

Easter hols. Yay.

Wee broken thing, just like me.
Shit happens and the saying is right that when bad things happen, they tend to group in threes. Today started as with every other day this week in the workshop, and was just going into a spot of self-congratulation on how nice my jewellery tree was looking all sprayed up, when someone broke the news to me that an unnamed person had broken it and left it just laying about in pieces in the spray booth. I think I would have probably been a lot less cross if whoever had done it had the guts and the courtesy to put their hands up and admit to it, rather than sneaking off and keeping mum. After all, accidents happen and its not like it was done intentionally (one would hope not anyway). In such a small workshop as ours, its more than a tad disappointing I guess.

Things have gone steadily downhill from there, and I managed to break one router bit (just as I had just about got it set up just right, which I might add, had taken me just over 2 hours and resulting in me having to start all over again) and screw up many many dovetails before realising that the pieces I was putting in were just too small to clamp down properly and the reason why the dovetails weren't lining up was because the little wee pieces kept moving about.

The carcase fits (just about) on a dry run
Boulle work with a coping saw.
So very very sadly, not much to show for myself today (and really for much of this week) and production is steadily falling behind schedule. Eep. On the plus side, its the long weekend coming up and have got a long overdue gig tomorrow to cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment