Thursday 23 May 2013

New Projects.

Its been a nice rejuvenating long weekend with a jaunt to the Borders and a Eurovision party. Even better, I've come back with bits for new projects.

First up is this cute little board found in a shop in Peebles. It was quite a fortuitous find, and just in time for restoration week (although the tutor has sniffed at my unconventional take on restoration). Requiring some minor restoration (patching up a hole in the lower right corner and small holes left by random nails), I've decided that I'm going to make it into a small side table. Bish bash bosh - bang on some legs and a frame and hopefully it will make a dinky little table.

Cute board found in shop
Minor restoration in progress




















I've also found some little ceramic tiles which I'd like to embed in some new furniture. Made by a local ceramic artist down in the Borders, I couldn't resist purchasing them. I'm still undecided as to what I'm going to use them for (maybe handles or just a random highlight), but I'm sure whatever it is will be fun!
All spotty!

On top of all this general busy-ness, our wee Jonathan has been busy setting things on fire in the workshop. Someone really should start reigning him in!
I have no explanation for this. I don't think anyone does.




No comments:

Post a Comment