Thursday 20 June 2013

Graduation.

Well it looks like we've come to an end of a busy and exciting chapter and are just about to embark on a new one. This week, we graduated, had our first exhibition and sold some pieces. It was tiring but exhilarating all in one. Especially when a total stranger (not a friend or family member!) decides to part with some cold hard cash because they like what you've made. Its a nice little validation of the time spent in the last year, especially if you're John and everything sells out.
My little space at the Exhibition
I didn't do too badly out of it myself, having managed to sell some pieces and score a commission which will keep me busy over the next couple of weeks to boot. Especially since I seemed to have spent most of my time at the Exhibition accosted by lots of nice old biddies who wanted to reminisce about their time growing up in Malaya!


So long buddies...
I'm not usually one for the soppy stuff but I've met some really lovely and interesting people over the last year, and will miss everyone when we've all packed up and left. I would certainly be remiss if I didn't shout out a big thank you to the tutors (especially Sandy) - who'd have thunk I'd get this far in a year? Not without lots of help certainly!

I think I'm going to take a wee break now whilst I work out the next phase. In the meantime, here's a spanking new website courtesy of the lovely Peter Roberts:
www.madebymae.com

Watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment