Monday 2 July 2012

Sewing.

My new toy
So my new toy arrived, all shiny and wrapped up (thank you, John Lewis). I unwrapped it with glee and set to work trying to sew pieces of fabric together which would eventually make up the top cover for my next upholstery project. In theory, it all seemed quite easy. It didn't quite work out the way I planned.

I've spent the last couple of days cobbling fabric together and eventually running out of steam. I've learnt:

1. Its not as easy to sew two pieces of fabric together, as would first appear to the untrained eye.

2. Heck, its difficult to just sew in a straight line.


A home for my knitting needles
I really don't have any patience. Instead of making immaculate pieces constructed from the most precise of patterns, a la Martha Stewart, most of the things I've made have been measured by eye and have all manner of imperfections (the seams don't line up, etc). This does not bode well for a future in craftsmanship.

Slightly frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment