Sunday 17 June 2012

Upholstery.

So one of the things I am quite interested in is upholstery. I imagine it takes years and years of practice to reach any acceptable level of skill with this (as with so much else), but I would love to do something with fabric. Lots of it. Kinda like the things that Squint makes, only better quality and made with love. Have enrolled in several taster upholstery courses. Footstools mainly.

Here's a peek into this wonderful world (and yes, Jan, the tutor, was quick to point out that there's no money in it either)...I spent a couple of days hammering tacks into my thumb and calling it progress. I've also learnt that I don't seem to be able to hammer a nail in straight. Oh well, I guess practice will make perfect.

I'll upload some pictures of the finished product in due course.

Getting started with webbing and tacks
Weaving it all in

It would be helpful if I could hit a nail in straight. See the little bit sticking out the pine? Maybe not, give the size of this image. But its there, taunting me.






Now its getting exciting - bridal ties and fibres

No comments:

Post a Comment