Sunday 17 June 2012

What I'm up to at the moment.

My sister says that I'm currently obsessed with painted wood. Maybe. I do like the look, especially distressed wood painted in the shabby chic colours of Farrow and Ball. I'm pretty sure you can replicate the distressed feel of old, painted wooden antiques (bleaching it in the sun springs to mind), but given (a) my limited funds with which to purchase things to experiment with and (b) my inherently impatient nature (what, wait for more than 1 hour for something to finish?!), I've decided to go the route of painting my little weekend projects in leftover paint from sis' house project. Its gone quite well, says my non-critical, non-judgmental eye. You'll best be the judge of that. But be kind. At the start anyway.

Display taster box made at Ian' s cosy weekend class
Same box laid artfully in the long grass amidst the aliums. Seems tiny from this angle
Keepsakes and mementos
For those interested, a very nice man named Ian runs weekend woodworking classes in North London and you can pick from a number of project-based items. I did two with Ian, the display taster box (above) and the memento box (right). I haven't quite figured out how to finish the memento box, probably a clear varnish of some sort.


Link to Ian's classes below.
http://www.signeddesigns.co.uk/






No comments:

Post a Comment